We encourage the participation of traditionally under-represented groups at the 10th ICMGP in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Financial assistance for participation in the conference will be available on a competitive basis to a limited number of applicants from under-represented groups. Please read the application procedures and criteria below to see if you qualify to apply for this subsidy.
Who is a member of an under-represented group?
- Representatives of developing countries addressing mercury pollution that are underrepresented at the conference
- Students conducting research on mercury who, without financial support, would be unable to attend the conference
- Representatives of communities affected by mercury pollution
What funding is available?
Partial funding is available to help offset travel and accommodation expenses. The exact amount of funding will depend on the number of qualified applicants.
Successful applicants will have their registration fees waived, will be provided accommodations during the conference at the local university dormitories and a fixed amount of money upon arrival at the conference. We will not provide airline tickets nor send money in advance to successful applicants.
How does one apply?
Download the attached form and e-mail to the Conference Secretariat. Applicants must answer questions in all five sections of the form to be eligible for assistance.
When is the application deadline?
May 30, 2011
What criteria will be used to evaluate applications?
In addition to being a member of an under-represented group, successful applicants must indicate in their application:
- A demonstrated need for financial assistance
- The benefits to individual and/or institution from attending the conference
- Individual contributions and/or collaborations that will be enhanced by attending the conference
When will you be notified of the status of your application?
Applications will be reviewed and notification to the successful applicants will be made in early June.